Online Access Agreement
The following information represents the Online Banking Access Agreement between you and Community Bank of Broward. We request that you read this entire document prior to using this service. If you wish to have a copy of this agreement and you cannot print it, please contact your local branch. Click here to locate the phone number of your branch on our website.
Community Bank of Broward is not responsible for any electronic virus or viruses that you may encounter. We suggest that you routinely scan your PC and diskettes using a reliable virus product to detect and remove any viruses found. An undetected or unrepaired virus may corrupt and destroy your programs, files and even your hardware. Additionally, you may unintentionally transmit a virus to other computers.
Please be aware that certain activities performed through the use of this site may cause fees to be assessed against your account(s). Please refer to our account disclosure for further information about which activities incur fees. All fees assessed will be reflected when your statement is prepared and mailed to you.
Community Bank of Broward is committed to the security of our customers and account information. Community Bank of Broward has used state of the art technology in the development of this site to facilitate this security. Community Bank of Broward requires customers to enter, a User ID and a Password to access the Online Banking pages in addition to using a secure Internet browser.
We urge you to observe the following guidelines to protect against fraud:
- Do not give out your account information, User ID or Password.
- Never leave your account information out in an open area accessible by others including your PC screen.
- Never send privileged account information (account number, Password, etc.) in any public or general E-mail system.
- Never leave your PC unattended while you are within the Community Bank of Broward Online Banking site.
E-mail transmissions outside of the mail you create within the Online Banking site are not secure. Therefore, we request that you do not send us or ask for sensitive information such as account numbers, password, financial information, etc. via any general or public E-mail system. If you wish to contact us electronically, please use the mail facility forms provided in our Online Banking site.
Use this secure form for emails concerning the following types of inquiries:
- Electronic Funds Transfer Inquiries
- Reporting Unauthorized Transactions
- Contacting us about other concerns of a confidential nature.
Under NO circumstances will a Community Bank of Broward employee request your Password via the Internet or any other type of contact. Do NOT respond to such a request even if the individual claims to represent Community Bank of Broward or any of its subsidiaries.
Customer Online Access Agreement for
Community Bank of Broward
This is the agreement for your Community Bank of Broward Online Banking Services and it includes certain disclosures for electronic fund transfers. This agreement is in addition to other agreements between us, including your current, savings, and other deposit account agreements (which are covered in the Terms and Conditions section on our website). If there is a conflict between the terms and conditions of this agreement and one contained in the other agreements between us, this agreement will control.
In this agreement, the words "Bank," "we," "us" or "our" mean Community Bank of Broward and its successors or assigns. When we use the words, "you" or "your" we mean each person who has an interest in an account or other relationship which is accessible through the Community Bank of Broward Online Banking Services and any person authorized such access. Community Bank of Broward Online Banking Services (Services) means that information, communication and transactions provided to you by us through any non-branch remote channel, including the Community Bank of Broward web site, http://www.communitybankofbroward.com (Site), including, but not limited to, the following: account information, funds transfers, stop payments, and statement/transaction inquiries and downloads.
When you use our Services or you permit any other person to use our Services, you agree to the terms and conditions we have set out in this agreement and any instructional material which we provide you regarding the Services. Your use of the Services may be made by use of certain numbers, codes, marks, signs, public keys or other means of establishing your identity and acceptance of the electronic communications which are acceptable to the Bank. All electronic communications that meet these requirements will be deemed to be valid and authentic and you intend and agree that those electronic communications will be given the same legal effect as written and signed paper communications. You agree that electronic copies of communications are valid and you will not contest the validity of the originals or copies, absent proof of altered data or tampering.
1. Equipment and Software. The following device (Equipment) is required to access the Services: Personal computer and modem. If you access the Services by use of a personal computer, you agree: (1) to use Internet Services Provider software products (Software); (2) the Software, and any future upgrades, must be loaded and operational on your personal computer and you must use a modem to access the Services through the designated interface Equipment and Software; (3) as this service becomes available, to receive account information by electronic transmission of a visual display of the text. Contact customer service for available user guides for the Software. Any other software used by you in the future to access our system, if supported by us, will be provided and maintained by you at your expense.
2. Account Access. To have access to the Services you must be an authorized user of the Software you select, if required for use with the Equipment. You must also have at least one eligible deposit or credit account with us.
Eligible accounts are the following Community Bank of Broward personal or business account types that you may request access to through the Available Services:
- Checking Account
- Savings Account
- Money Market Account
- Certificate of Deposit
- Installment Loan
- Commercial Loan
- Mortgage Loan
- Line of Credit
3. Access Codes. During your use of the Services, you are required to enter
- User ID
Additional numbers and words may be required depending on the Equipment and software used. Use of these Access Codes is the agreed security procedure to access the Services through any of the Equipment. You agree to keep these numbers and codes confidential to prevent unauthorized access to your accounts and to prevent unauthorized use of the Services. For security purposes we recommend that you do not use the same Access Codes you use on other bank products.
4. Available Services. Depending upon the particular features and the Equipment you select, you may be allowed access to the following Services by first entering your Access Codes:
(a) Account Information.You may obtain an account balance and summary information, uncollected funds information, cleared transactions detail for at least the current statement period.
(b) Internal Transfers and Payments. You may request to transfer funds to and from certain Community Bank of Broward account(s). Transfer of funds between your Community Bank of Broward account(s) may be limited to a per transaction monetary limit. Certain transfers will occur automatically. Other transfer requests, known as Advance Requests, are performed by Bank personnel upon proper verification. The restrictions on the number of withdrawals from your money market accounts and savings accounts apply to transfers from the accounts accessed through Online Banking.
5. E-Mail. Through the use of certain Equipment and/or Software, you can use electronic mail (e-mail) to contact us about inquiries, maintenance and/or problem resolution issues. E-mail is not a secure method of communication over the Internet and we recommend you do not send confidential information by e-mail. If you would like a secure way to contact us, use the mail forms to create a message from within the Online Banking site..
6. Reporting Unauthorized Transactions. If you believe that an unauthorized transaction has been or may be conducted from your deposit account without your permission, call us immediately. Click here to locate the phone number of your branch on our website.
7. Periodic Statement. You will be mailed periodic statements for your Eligible account(s) with the regularity provided for in the Deposit agreements. In addition to reflecting your other account activity, your statements will include any transfers you authorize using the Services.
8. Business Days and Hours of Operation. The Internet banking website is available to you 24 hours a day, seven days a week. For customer service, our business days are Monday to Friday except bank holidays.
9. Your Responsibility. You are responsible for all transfers you authorize using the Services. If you permit other persons to use the Services or your Access Codes, you are responsible for any transactions they authorize from your linked deposit accounts. You should notify us immediately if you believe any of your accounts have been accessed or your Access Codes have been taken or used without your permission. Telephoning us right away will help you reduce possible losses.
10. Our Responsibility. We, or a third party acting as our agent, are responsible for completing fund transfers on time according to your properly entered and transmitted instructions. However, neither we nor the Service Provider will be liable:
- If you do not have adequate money in a deposit account to complete a transaction from the account, or if that account has been closed.
- If you have not properly followed Software or service instructions on how to make a transfer;
- If you have not given complete, correct and current instructions so that a transfer can be made;
- If withdrawals from any Eligible accounts have been prohibited by a court order such as a garnishment or other legal process;
- If we or our agent reasonably believes that a transaction may be unauthorized and based thereon the transaction is not completed;
- If your Equipment and/or the Software were not working properly and this problem should have been apparent to you when you attempted to authorize a transfer or bill payment;
- If circumstances beyond Community Bank of Broward's control; or our agent's control prevent making a transfer or payment, despite reasonable precautions that we have taken. Such circumstances include but are not limited to computer failure, telecommunication outages, postal strikes and other labor unrest, delays caused by fires, floods, and other natural disasters:
There may be other exceptions to our liability as stated in your Depositor Agreement.
11. Electronic Fund Transfer Error Resolution. Electronic Fund Transfer Error Resolution. In case of errors or questions about any bill payment service transaction or other electronic transfer initiated from your deposit account(s) under the Services, contact us immediately. Click here to locate the phone number of your branch on our website.
12. Changes/Interruptions in Services. We may on a regular basis perform maintenance on our equipment or system, which may result in interrupted service or errors in the Service. We also may need to change the scope of our Services from time to time. We will attempt to provide prior notice of such interruptions and changes but cannot guarantee that such notice will be provided.
13. Harm to Computer Systems/Data. You agree that our liability for viruses, worms, Trojan horses, or other similar harmful components that may enter your computer system by downloading information, software, or other materials from our site shall be limited to replacing, or the reasonable cost of replacing the lost information, software or other material. We will not be responsible or liable for any indirect, incidental or consequential damages that may result from such harmful components.
14. Performance of Software and Electronic Service. In no event will we or our officers, directors, employees or agents are liable to you for any consequential, incidental or indirect damages arising out the use, misuse or inability to use the Services, or for any loss of any data, even if we have been informed of the possibility of such damages. WE MAKE NO WARRANTY TO YOU REGARDING YOUR EQUIPMENT OR THE SOFTWARE, INCLUDING ANY WARRANTY OF MERCHANTABILITY OR FITNESS FOR PARTICULAR PURPOSE.
16. Security. In order to maintain secure communications and reduce fraud, you agree to protect the security of your numbers, codes, marks, signs, public keys or other means of identification. We reserve the right to block access to the Services to maintain or restore security to our Site and systems, if we reasonably believe your access codes have been or may be obtained or are being used or may be used by an unauthorized person(s).
17. Ownership of Materials. The content and information on our site is the property of Community Bank of Broward. It should not be duplicated, or copied by any means.
18. Severability. If any provision of this Agreement is void or unenforceable in any jurisdiction, such ineffectiveness or unenforceability shall not affect the validity or enforceability of such provision in another jurisdiction or any other provision in that or any other jurisdiction.
19. Area of Service. The Services described in this Agreement and any application for consumer credit and deposit services available at our site are solely offered to citizens and residents of the United States of America.
20. Venue. Any action at law, suit in equity, or other judicial proceeding for the enforcement of this Agreement or any provision thereof shall be instituted only in the courts of the United States of America.
21. No Signature Required. When any payment or other on-line service generates items to be charged to your account, you agree that we may debit your designated Eligible account or the account on which the item is drawn without requiring your signature on the item, and without prior notice to you.
22. Amendment of this Agreement. We may amend this agreement (including changes in its fees and charges hereunder) by giving notice to you at least 30 days before the effective date of the amendment, unless such change or amendment is otherwise required by law or applicable regulation. Your continued use of the Services is your agreement to the amendment(s). Depositor's overdraft protection and line of credit agreements will continue to apply or in accordance with our published Schedule of Fees and Charges, as amended from time to time..
23. Waiver. We may waive any term or provision of this agreement at any time or from time to time, but any such waiver shall not be deemed a waiver of the term or provision in the future.
24. Assignment. We may assign its rights and delegate its duties under this Agreement to a company affiliated with us or to any other party.
25. Termination. Either you or we may terminate this agreement and any service provided hereunder at any time upon giving at least ten (10) days prior written notice of termination to the other party. If you authorize us to continue making fund transfers you have previously authorized until we have a reasonable opportunity to act upon your termination notice. Once we have acted upon your termination notice, we will make no further transfers from your Eligible account, including any fund transfers you have previously authorized. We reserve the right to terminate or to discontinue support of any software or equipment without written notice.
26. Entire Agreement. This Agreement is the entire agreement between you and us and it supersedes any marketing or other similar material pertaining to the Services delivered to you in writing, verbally or obtained at our site or the site of an Internet Service Provider, such as AOL.